MONTHLY PUB NIGHT AT P.J. O’BRIEN
A reminder to all alumni and friends, particularly recent graduates and new arrivals in Ontario, that you are welcome to attend
our regular monthly Pub Night at P.J. O'Brien on the first Tuesday of the month from 6:30pm on. A table will be reserved for us.
Tuesday, February 6, 2018
P.J. O'Brien is at 39 Colborne Street in Toronto (between King Street East and Wellington Street East), the cross street is Leader Lane, the King subway station is close, and there are plenty of nearby parking lots. Food is available from the bar menu. More information is at http://pjobrien.com/
These gatherings are a good opportunity to meet old friends and new, and to expand your network. Looking forward to seeing you there.
AAGEF Retirement for Business Owners
Jean-Pierre (York University - Osgoode Hall Law School / Sciences Po Paris) is the CEO of Integris Pension Management.
He will be sharing some new interesting facts :
Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 6:00pm
- Theme: Retirement Planning for Business Owners In the New Environment.
- Context: The July 18th tax package introduced by the Federal Government aimed at changing the way business owners save for their retirement will have material adverse tax consequences for business owners.
- Accountants and other tax professionals have often recommended that business owners use their private corporations and
treat them as if they were quasi-pension plans.
- This is because the private corporation pays tax at a very low rate and
- So long as the retained earnings are kept in the company additional tax can be deferred for long periods of time
- The federal government sees this planning technique as unfair and a large tax revenue loss and will now impose a punitive tax of 73% on earnings above $50,000 earned within private corporations.
- This new environment requires a re-think on the part of business owners when it comes to putting funds away for a rainy day.
Register at: https://guestli.st/493797
$20 online registration including a drink ( $25 at the door if room available).
Visit us at www.aagefontario.org
- Annual Dinner 2016 Photos
- Annual Dinner 2014 Report
Annual Dinner 2014 Photos
- Annual Dinner 2013 Report
Annual Dinner 2013 Photos
- Reception for Prof. Brian McGing 2013 Photos
- Annual Dinner 2012 Report
Annual Dinner 2012 Photos
- Annual Dinner 2011 Report
Annual Dinner 2011 Photos